Top 10 Freak Accidents that Killed People

Some unfortunate individuals suffer bizarre, and some even ironic deaths. Sometimes it is just being at the wrong place at the wrong time.

#10 Death from Carrots


Basil Brown, a health food addict because he drank carrot juice every day. He drank 3.78 litres of the orange stuff on a daily basis. Despite warnings about how it could be detrimental to his liver, he continued his drinking habit. The coroner’s report stated that he drank himself to death – on carrot juice.

#9 Death from Atomic Wedgie


Unfortunate Denver St Clair, 58, was found dead in Oklahoma, USA – with the waistband of his underpants wrapped around his neck. Cops discovered he died in a boozy row when his soldier stepson Brad Davis, 33, yanked the elastic of his under-pants up over his head. Davis has pleaded guilty to manslaughter and will be sentenced in July.

#8 Death by Cockroach


A Florida man who died after downing dozens of live roaches during a contest early in which the grand prize was a python, has been revealed to have choked to death according to an autopsy released. Edward Archbold, 32, of West Palm Beach died as a result of ‘asphyxia due to choking and aspiration of gastric contents,’ according to the report released by the Broward County medical examiner’s office. Lab tests for drugs came back negative. The death has been ruled an accident.

#7 Death from Severed Snake Head


Chef Peng Fan from Foshan, Southern China was bitten by a cobra’s severed head, which he’d cut off twenty minutes earlier. Fan had put the head aside while using the body to prepare a soup in 2013. Police said the case was “highly unusual”.

#6 Mom Gives Birth, Dies in Elevator


A Spanish woman who went to the hospital to birth her third child ended up dead in a horrific accident. Rocio Cortes Nuñez delivered a child by C-section on Sunday at Seville’s Valme Hospital and was being wheeled from surgery to a recovery room when she became caught in an elevator. Per local media, staff wheeled Cortes onto the elevator, but while the doors opened and shut, the elevator didn’t move. They reportedly decided to try another elevator, and as they were moving her out and with the doors open, it started going up. Precise details are unclear, but part of her body was outside the elevator and part was in, and the BBC picks up reports that suggest she was decapitated.


#5 Death Wrapped in Yarn

colorful yarn from bamboo-cotton

The co-owner of a woolen mill suffocated today when he fell onto a machine and was wrapped in about 800 yards of yarn, the police said. The co-owner, Paul G. Thomas, 47 years old, was operating a pin-wheel dresser machine, which winds woolen yarn from a large spool onto a smaller one, when he fell onto the small spool. Mr. Thomas, a resident of the Fabyan section of Thompson,Conn. was wrapped in hundreds of yards of yarn before the accident was discovered by employees. Mr. Thomas was pronounced dead at the scene.

#4 Segway Company Owner Dies on Segway


The owner of the Segway company, James Heselden, was killed by driving his Segway PT (a two-wheeled, self-balancing scooter) over a cliff. He used an off-road Segway to inspect the grounds of his estate and and ended up in a river at the bottom of the cliff.

#3 Death from a Cow Falling on Bed


A Brazilian man was sleeping one night, when a cow fell through his roof onto his bed. His wife who was lying next to him and the cow were unharmed. The cow got onto his roof as the house was built up against a hill. The only visible injuries sustained by  the man was a fractured leg, but he died of internal bleeding soon after the incident.

#2 Death by Unofficial Electric Chair


A convicted murderer named Michael Anderson Godwin was meant to get the death penalty by means of the electric chair, but received a downgraded sentence of life imprisonment. Shortly after starting his sentence, he died by electrocution. This time, however, it was caused by Godwin using a metal toilet while simultaneously trying to fix his headphones by biting down on the exposed live wiring. He avoided the electric chair the first time, but wasn’t so lucky the second time around.

#1 Death from Fish

tanzanian fish

In 2016 on a Tanzanian fishing boat, fishermen were sorting through a big catch, when one of the fish gave a big leap and landed in a fisherman’s mouth. From his mouth the fish made its way into his chest, making it difficult for him to breathe. The fisherman made it to the hospital but died shortly before surgery to remove the fish could take place.




Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s